Taber Police investigating after bomb threats at three schools

By Charles Lefebvre
February 8, 2019 - 11:33am Updated: February 11, 2019 - 10:59am

TABER, AB — A school division in Taber has confirmed a pair of bomb threats were called in to schools on Friday.

In a letter written by superintendent Wilco Tymensen, Horizon School Division says LT Westlake Elementary School and WR Myers School both received anonymous threats by voicemail Friday morning. The letter can be read here.

Taber Police Service were called in to investigate, and found no threat at either school, according to the school division.

Students at the elementary school were not evacuated, however W.R. Myers, which includes D.A. Ferguson Middle School students and Taber Mennonite School students in the same building, was temporarily evacuated.

Students returned to regular classes by the middle of the morning.

The school division said a third threat was reported at one of their schools Friday afternoon.

On Twitter, the division confirmed Central Elementary School received a similar threat in the afternoon. Students had been dismissed and were out of the building at the time the threat was reported. Police investigated and determined it was a hoax.

The Town of Taber adds two other threats were reported at a business in Taber Thursday and Friday, which were also determined to be hoaxes. According to Liam Nixon with Global News in Lethbridge, the threats were reported to the Wal-Mart in town.

Taber Police continue to investigate the threats.

Anyone with information is asked to call Taber Police at 403-223-8991.

 

 

Illinois man charged following alleged bomb threats to appear in court today