Minor structure fire extinguished by firefighters early Sunday

By Scott Roblin
October 9, 2017 - 1:19pm

MEDICINE HAT, AB – No injuries reported following a small structure fire in the community of South West Hill late Saturday night.

Fire crews said the fire broke out just before midnight on Saturday in the 400 block of 11th Street SW, and it’s believed the fire originated from a brick barbecue or a fireplace located on the home’s deck.

Heat from the fire transferred into the home’s eaves and caused some minor damage, though crews were able to put out the blaze before it severely affected the house’s roof.

Medicine Hat firefighters were on scene for around two hours making sure there was no further heat transfer from the original fire on the deck.

Fire crews do not have an estimated damage for the home at this time.

Meet the Candidate: Hugh English